Wisconsin Technical College District Boards Association, Inc.
The Wisconsin Technical College District Board Association serves to:
The Association is a forum for trustees of locally-governed, community-based colleges to come together from around the state to learn, share, promote, and create together. We are a private, non-profit organization comprised of the 144 district board members of Wisconsin's 16 technical college districts. Every district board member is automatically an Association member. Membership and participation costs are funded through the constituent colleges at no charge to the board member.
- create a statewide voice in support of technical, vocational, and adult education in Wisconsin;
- provide a forum for board member education and development;
- share best practices and new ideas between board members and college districts;
- promote and realize state and federal legislative agendas in the best interest of the technical colleges and our customers.
How Members Can Participate and Benefit
Active Association membership is a rewarding benefit of service. As a district board member:
The Association meets four times each year around the state (typically, Friday through Saturday noon in January, April, July, and October). Meetings provide board members an opportunity to meet with their colleagues away from the district in an informal setting.
Quarterly meetings also provide opportunities to:
The Association is a channel for board members' national-level activities through the Association of Community College Trustees. A significant number of our members participate in education and development activities through ACCT's annual regional and national conferences.
- further develop your board member skills through professional development and educational programming;
- learn about trends, new practices, and leading edge innovation occurring across our system;
- promote your district and the system overall, and help you become an advocate for legislative initiatives supporting technical education;
- share best practices - from trends in human resources and collective bargaining, to new program offerings and emerging customer needs.
Finally, family members are always welcome to join us, making Association meetings a chance to enjoy some of Wisconsinís diverse regions.
Working For You
The Association office serves as a liaison with the Wisconsin legislature, U.S. Congress, state and federal agencies, college presidents, WTCS State Board and staff, public employee labor organizations, and many other groups. The Association office also supports member activities by coordinating membership conferences, award programs, and communications about the Association. The Association office is located on the Capitol Square in Madison and is staffed by an executive director and administrative assistant.
From being an effective board member to promoting successful colleges that are responsive to Wisconsinís educational needs, the District Boards Association is an enjoyable and rewarding way to develop your knowledge and skills as a district board member.
Contacting us for more information:
Wisconsin Technical College District Boards Association
22 N. Carroll Street, Suite 103
Madison, WI 53703